This Labor Day, after all the celebrations, it is very important to reflect on what type of colleague you truly are. It is important to be aware of when we are contributing to negativity. We must realize, as colleagues, how profound our position is in creating an office environment, how we can manipulate situations and people. It should humble and propel us to build and not destroy, to create good and not cause or add to chaos, or another’s embarrassment or demise. Ask yourself what type of person you are at the office? Be honest with yourself.
- Do you, nourish, serve, stimulate, urge, uphold and propel your co-workers?
- Do you, motivate, inspire, uplift, cheer and champion your colleagues?
- Do you, encourage, assist, reassure, revitalize, lend a hand and give others a leg up in your office?
- Or, do you damage, block, discourage, handicap, obstruct, impede, thwart and throw others in your workplace under the bus?
Do you get into a fight about every little thing or do you pick your battles? Picking your battles, even ignoring some battles, is not fear or cowardice. It is quiet power. It is having peaceful confidence that you have much better things to do, and that the amount of energy it would take engaging in a confrontation is just not worth it.
Are you controlling at the workplace? Trying to be in charge and controlling doesn’t take away our insecurities; it makes us weaker and makes the emptiness inside us louder. Think about it: how many times have you thought you had every one and yourself under control? How long did it last? More importantly, what did that really do for you? Ask yourself what works better for your soul and people’s hearts and lives: controlling and thwarting them or serving them?
Sadly, many people perpetuate a cycle of abuse on others, and unfortunately, many of us have experienced bullying tactics in our offices. Many individuals have not taken the time to self-realize, confront their real demons, and too many colleagues come in contact with them and have had to endure their bullying and abuse just about every day of the week.
This Labor Day, take a deep breath and choose to be at peace with yourself and set on your journey to always be that better person, that better colleague. Your attitude can bring healing to your workplace.
- Choose not to badmouth others.
- Choose not to revel in your co-worker’s mistakes.
- Choose not to rejoice in your colleague’s errors.
- Choose not to humiliate and belittle people you work with.
- Choose to bring salvation to tough situations, and don’t react adversely blow for blow.
- Choose to forgive and not harbor grudges.
- Choose to assist and bring peace to your work environment.
Be the sparkle, be the kindness, in your office.
Eagle Eye Angel Writer Expressive Writing Services
Let’s Have a CATHARTIC Moment Together! I will assist you in expressing your heart, your soul, your feelings, and your spirit, into a book.