Multitudes of us on this earth, but who are we truly? What have we really become? What do we really stand for?
The state of Self-actualization, Quiet Power, Peaceful Confidence do not come cheap. It is divine. It is born out of extremely tough, agonizing and deep soul-searching situations. It takes practice and deliberate effort at developing a mindset that works towards love, peace and kindness. It takes allowing our spirit, mind, and soul, being chiseled daily. While painful and agonizing, and completely going against our carnal nature, Quiet Power, Peaceful Confidence seeks to develop the True, Spiritual and Beautiful Self hidden within us. It asks you and me to look within and tap into the spiritual part of our being and when we do so, in time, with much practice, as we tune and tap into our own spirit, we develop the ability to take our eyes off other people, take deep confident breaths and do that which is the opposite to unkind situations. We can control ourselves and our reactions towards others and what they do and say to us. We can develop peaceful strength to deflect the terrible things that are done to us. It is difficult and does not happen overnight, but it can be done, minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day, week by week, month by month, and year by year. Spiritually for me it takes God to take over my carnal nature, and in my tangible experience, it works.
Self-actualization, Quiet Power, Peaceful Confidence come from deliberately digging deep within and HONESTLY facing who and what we have become, and making a deep quiet determination to become a better person who is capable of withstanding others in a peaceful way. Quiet Power, Peaceful Confidence, is developing the power to forgive, and the strength to genuinely offer a helping hand even when we ourselves are hurting. It is the willingness to create a positive, peaceful and healing atmosphere, in the face of unkind and hostile situations. This is not mentally or emotionally easy but when we decide to tap into the True Self, which I believe is created by Divinity, we develop the Quiet Power, Peaceful Confidence, and ability to create positive effects in what has every potential to naturally become negative, destructive and unkind. A lot of how we react depends on our spiritual beliefs or source, if indeed we have any at all.
Think on these questions.
- Where and who do you turn to for the supernatural?
- Who and what do you draw peace and strength from?
- Do you have a spiritual realm you draw from, that you can use as your comfort?
- Do you have a spiritual source that you can delight in, that is your firm foundation when everything around you is falling apart?
- What will keep you steady and still when everything around you is spinning out of control?
- What or who will keep you intact when all hell breaks loose?
Now ask yourself:
- With all my knowledge, intellectual power, technological know-how, what have I really become?
- To what or who am I appending my soul, spirit, and life?How do I nurture my mind?
- What do I fill my mind with?
- Who and what do I gravitate towards for peace, wisdom, strength, courage and joy?
- What images do I worship? What do they do for me?
- What or who motivates me, inspires me, steers and directs my motives and intents?
- What do I really stand for?
- What does my foundation really look like?
- Am I grounded in anything? If so, what does it look like?
- What does it really do to me and/or for me?
Nine out of ten chances we will manage our emotions and channel our choices and decisions from whatever or whoever directs us spiritually, mentally and emotionally.
Matthew 5 New International Version (NIV)
3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven